Saturday, June 14, 2014

Getting Inspired

Working in the studio while raising a now 5 year old and an almost 2 year old presents some interesting challenges. Most difficult is finding enough time to sit and work through some ideas that I've been pondering and sketching out.

Recently though I had a fabulous week of only art time. I travelled to Milwaukee, WI for the Bead & Button Exhibition. I took four days of jewelry classes; bead embroidery, soutache, embossing working with sterling silver and a metal smithing course. Another day was spent at the Milwaukee Art Museum being inspired by their permanent collection as well as their current Kandinsky exhibition and finally as the 'cherry on the top' for the trip I attended the bead sale and added quite a few lampwork glass beads, czech glass beads, ceramic and raku beads to my collection to incorporate into some of my designs.

This gift of time has set some things in motion in the studio. If all works out, I will be posting some works in progress soon that put some of the things I learned in the classes into practice.






No comments: