Tuesday, October 14, 2014

New Work from the Studio.

Over the summer I've been experimenting with fold forming copper to serve as a base shape for pendants and also free form bead work. This direction in my work is inspired by several classes I took earlier this summer. The copper has been through some trial and errors and I have quite a few more pages (and pages!!!) of sketches to work through as I move in this new style.

Left: Lime necklace; copper fold form pendant, polymer inlay with colored pencil & liquid polymer layers, czech glass beads, seed beads. Free form beadwork. Right: Detail of pendant.

Copper fold form shawl pin; copper fold form pin, polymer inlay with colored pencil & liquid polymer layers, czech glass bead, copper wire & pin back. Mohair handknit scarf.

Orange Disc set; polymer disc beads, lampwork focal bead, czech glass beads, seed beads. Free form beadwork.

No comments: